Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What I'm working on


So I think here is my latest model all normal mapped and painted. Here name is Ruriel and her design belongs to an artist I met on my Japan trip named Finni. She had drawn Sydney for me and in return I said I' do her character. Sadly I'm not too happy with the turn out. I honestly don't think this is something I can put in my portfolio that will impress people. I feel this pressure that everything I do has to be Portfolio quality and I think its killing my learning process as this was originally just for practice *sigh*  On another note here is the darksiders 2 inspired creature that I  was working on to distract me from the above project.
I really liked how this one turned out, but after going through all the trouble trying to normal map Ruriel I'm afraid to attempt this creature.  I will eventually though, I promise. Moving forward and down my wish list my next model is going to be this guy. I got me friend Matias to do a quick rotation of his bug design so I'm all ready to get started tonight when I get back from work. Its gonna my first attempt at a full body normal map O.o Wish me luck!


1 comment: